Review: Awk-Weird

Book Review: Awk-Weird, by Avery Flynn, 4 stars



✩✩


There’s more to me than just being awk-weird. I own my own flower shop, have some great friends, and I have my eye on adopting the most adorable kitten. But sadly, hot guys don’t tend to be blown away by my trivia-spouting, dorky self.

So when a Thor-lookalike who happens to be a professional hockey player hits on me at my bestie’s wedding rehearsal party... You better believe I climbed that tree like a cat. And the fact that it happened not once, not twice, but three times? Yeah, that’s pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime experience for a woman like me.

There’s zero chance I’ll end up ever seeing him again...right?

Until the pregnancy test comes up positive. What happens next?

Oh my God, I wish I knew…


Genre: contemporary romance

Publication date: October 2019

Mature content: yes

Review: At first I thought reading this book was going to be awkward (pun totally intended) but I actually loved it pretty much. 

 


I can't say it wasn't totally predictable, even if it starts the opposite way most romances do - first the baby, and then the falling in love. But it was a very fun read and I enjoyed every minute of it. My only complaint (other than the obvious predictability) is that there are a lot of plot details left unresolved - such as Cole's relationship with Marti, for example. 

It's still a very fun book, though, and a great summer read. 

Awk-Weird is book 2 in the Ice Kings series, but can be perfectly read as a stand-alone. 

 Happy readings!

The Book Worm, book blog

Comments