Review: Save the Date

Book review: Save the Date, by Ann Marie Walker, 4 stars


✩✩



Rebecca Halstead has never been a bridesmaid, but she can certainly relate to the expression “always a bridesmaid, never a bride.” As one of Chicago’s top wedding planners, Rebecca has had a front row seat to countless ceremonies, yet her own walk down the aisle has started to feel like nothing more than a little girl’s fantasy. She’s the wallflower who, thanks to a clean bill of health from her oncologist, wants to live life to the fullest. If only she knew how. 

Genre: contemporary romance

Publication date: June 2020

Mature content: yes

Review: Save the Date is book 3 in the Wild Wedding series by Ann Marie Walker. I didn’t read the previous books before starting this one - and while I can say Save the Date can be read as a stand alone, I’m now terribly curious about the other two stories, so I’m definetely going to read them (now   in the correct order).


I loved Brody and Rebecca’s story. Their romance is sweet and fun, and while somewhat predictable,  is still attention grabbing and interesting to follow. However, I would have preferred a slightly milder language, and I wish Brody could tame a bit his lust for women - any kind of woman he runs into seems to jingle his hormones, and in my opinion that makes Rebecca just one more. It doesn’t matter that he keeps saying she’s special and different - his reaction is just the same as with any other woman, except right at the very end.

Still, Save the Date is a fun summer read and if you’re not easily offended by some more explicit language, you should give it a try.

Stay tuned for my reviews of the other books in the series.

Happy readings!


The Book Worm, book blog

Comments