Review: Forty Day Fiancé




✩✩


I had forty days to execute my crazy plan.
Find a fake fiancé, move in with him, and convince the powers-that-be that we’re madly in love.
Surely this British girl can sweet-talk a few American officials.
Step One: the sexy, wealthy doctor I’ve been chatting up agrees to my plan--with a demand of his own. A baby. An actual ring. A for-real marriage and family. Turns out, there’s someone more bonkers than me.
So Step Two: I now have forty days to convince my fake fiancé that we can’t be real.
Because there’s no such thing as love at first sight--right?


Genre: contemporary romance

Publication date: June 2020

Mature content: yes

Review: Running the risk of being the only one (given the raving reviews this book has on Amazon) I'm just going to say I didn't like it. 

I found little connection between the synopsis and the actual story - because the fake fiance thing only happens some time into the book and it certainly doesn't start from that point. 

Then I didn't think this was a romantic comedy at all. The first quarter of the book reads almost like erotica - a lot of sex and very little plot. Then there's actually a plot, but for me the effect was ruined by the first pages. Contenporary romance? Maybe. Romantic comedy? Not so much. 

And finally, I don't think it's natural for a man who discovers he was cheated online to actually be interested in a relationship with the cheater - much less have almost immediate sex with her. At the very least, it would take time to build some level of confidence.

The whole thing was weird and while it may work for some people, it certainly doesn't work for me. 

Happy readings!

The Book Worm, book blog

Comments