Review: Hot Soldier's Chase

Book Review: Hot Soldier's Chase, b Cindy Dees, 3 stars


 ✩✩

Kimberly Stanton is a woman on a mission: shut down development of a lethal sniper rifle. Tex Monroe is a man on a mission: survive Hurricane Kimberly. Thrown together in an attempted kidnapping, they must flee through the jungle and find a way not to kill each other before their pursuers--or their smoking hot attraction--can get the best of them.

Genre: military romance

Publication date: October 2017

Mature content: yes

Review: I'm a bit on the fence about this book. On the one hand, the whole kidnapping-and-ending-in-a-South-American-jungle thing kept me curious enough to stick with Hot Soldier's Chase until the very end.

But on the other hand, the story is so full of stereotypes and inconsistencies that doesn't sound very realistic. Kimberly acts like an intelligent woman one second and like a dumb blond in the next. And Tex seems to pay more attention to lust than to the dire situation they are in. Honestly, I'm not sure I want my taxes to pay for soldiers like him...

Overall I was not convinced by the story. The basic plot was good, but could have been much better with the right characters.

The epilogue is actually a cliffhanger into the next book in the series (Hot Soldier's Chase is actually book one in the Blackjacks series by Cindy Dees), but those few lines are also so riddled with stereotypes that I'm not sure I will be picking up book two in the near future as I don't expect that much of an improvement over book one.

Happy readings, 


The Book Worm, book blog


Comments