Review: Frisky Business

Book Review: Frisky Business, by Tawna Fenske, 5 stars

✩✩

No more rich men for Marley Cartman. Absolutely not. Thanks to her dad, her ex-fiancé, and the overbearing donors she schmoozes for a living, she's had more than her fill. From now on, she wants blue-collar men with dirt under their fingernails. But when Marley makes a break to handle donor relations for a wildlife sanctuary, she finds herself drawn to the annoyingly charming-and disturbingly wealthy-chairman of the board.
Judging by his hipster T-shirts, motley assortment of canine companions, and penchant for shaking up stuffy board meetings, you'd never guess that William Barclay the Fifth is a brilliantly successful businessman. Will has good reason to be leery of scheming women, and as he and Marley butt heads over the wisdom of bringing grumpy badgers to charity events, he can't help but wonder if his new donor relations coordinator is hiding something other than a perfect figure beneath that designer suit...

Genre: contemporary romance

Publication date: May 2014

Mature content: yes

Review: I found Frisky Business absolutely delicious. I have no idea why I left it for so long in my to-read list.

The plot flows wonderfully, most of the dialogs will make you smile, if not laugh out loud, and all the characters are amazing in their own quirky way. Of the two main characters, Will is definitely my favorite, but Marley is a close second, and all the others are great too.



I found the happily ever after a bit rushed - or maybe I was just not ready for the book to end. But as romance novels go, I still had a lot of fun with Frisky Business and I totally recommend it.

Happy readings, 


The Book Worm, book blog


Comments