Review: Part-Time Husband

Book Review: Part-Time Husband, by Noelle Adams, 4 stars


 ✩✩


On a Wednesday afternoon, I ask Trevor Bentley to marry me. He might be the most arrogant, obnoxious man I know, but I need him to be my husband for a year.
There are reasons.
He's not going to be a real husband. Just part-time. Yes, I have to live with him. And, okay, I also have to share his bed. And, sure, he's the hottest and most exciting thing to ever happen to my controlled, organized life.
But still... It's only a part-time marriage. I'm not going to give him my heart. I know what I'm doing, and I'm too smart to fall for my husband.
I hope.



Genre: contemporary romance

Publication date: May 2018

Mature content: yes

Review: When I started this book I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Because, well, romance novels in which the main characters arrange a marriage for a certain length of time in exchange for something they want but can't achieve unless they marry an then at some point they actually fall in love - yes, I've read a lot of those over the years.

In the case of Part-Time Husband, however, while it can't be considered entirely original the story flows really well, both Melissa and Trevor are likable characters and if you can pass the hurdle of believing two almost strangers would agree to live together for a year for whatever reason, then the rest of the plot kind of falls in place.


 
I would have preferred a less thorough description of the sex scenes. While I'm not easily offended, sometimes too much us just too much. You get the gist of it in a couple of paragraphs, you don't need several pages worth of details. That and some of the language could be have been toned down. 

Otherwise, Part-Time Husband is a rather quick, enjoyable read.


Happy readings,


The Book Worm, book blog


Comments