Review: Because of Miss Bridgerton

Review: Because of Miss Bridgerton, by Julia Quinn, 5 stars
 
✩✩


Sometimes you find love in the most unexpected of places...
This is not one of those times.
Everyone expects Billie Bridgerton to marry one of the Rokesby brothers. The two families have been neighbors for centuries, and as a child the tomboyish Billie ran wild with Edward and Andrew. Either one would make a perfect husband... someday.
Sometimes you fall in love with exactly the person you think you should...
Or not.
There is only one Rokesby Billie absolutely cannot tolerate, and that is George. He may be the eldest and heir to the earldom, but he's arrogant, annoying, and she's absolutely certain he detests her. Which is perfectly convenient, as she can't stand the sight of him, either.
But sometimes fate has a wicked sense of humor...
Because when Billie and George are quite literally thrown together, a whole new sort of sparks begins to fly. And when these lifelong adversaries finally kiss, they just might discover that the one person they can't abide is the one person they can't live without...


Genre: historical romance

Publication date: March 2016

Mature content: yes, but not much and not overly graphic

Review: Because of Miss Bridgerton is one of the most refreshing books I've read lately. The story is very well crafted and the dialogs between Billie, George and Andrew are laugh-out-loud hilarious. Billie and George are so perfect for each other you can't help but root for them.

I've seen other reviews of this book and some people complain that the plot is similar to other Julia Quinn books, but as I didn't read any of her previous books, I couldn't really say. I came across Because of Miss Bridgerton purely by chance, was intrigued by the synopsis and I can honestly say I was not disappointed.


Obviously not all books work for everyone, but this one certainly worked for me. I loved it, I couldn't put it down and I read it in two days just because I can't put the rest of my life on hold to read a book - otherwise it would've gone a lot quicker. I recommend it, and I have already downloaded the next book in the series.

Happy readings, 


the book worm, book blog





Comments