Review: I Think I Love You

Book Review: I Think I Love You, by Laure Layne, 4 stars


 ✩✩


Brit Robbins knows that dating in New York City is hard—she just hoped to have it mastered by age thirty. But after yet another promising suitor says they have no sparks, Brit decides it’s time to torch her dating game and try a new plan. And who better to coach Brit through the art of seduction than the guy who first gave her the “let’s be friends” card?
Hunter Cross has always figured there’s nothing his best friend Brit can do to surprise him. But Brit’s request is a surprise he doesn’t see coming—and one he’s definitely not prepared for. Hunter and Brit have always been careful to keep things perfectly platonic, but the fake dates and faux flirting are starting to feel like the real deal. And soon Hunter realizes he has taught Brit too well. Not only has she become an expert at seduction, the man becoming thoroughly seduced is him.


Genre: paranormal

Publication date: July 2018

Mature content: yes

Review: I loved reading I Think I Love You. Brit and Hunter have been best friends for years and it's pretty obvious (except to them) that they are destined to be so much more. 


The book is very well written, in a no-nonsense way that is funny when it needs to be and serious otherwise. I just thought the initial premise of the plot, that triggers Brit and Hunter's romantic involvement, was too silly. Those first few pages, where Brit asks Hunter to be her love coach - and all the reasons she gives to actually need coaching - really threw me off. Not exactly what I would expect from an independent, educated woman in the twenty first century. 

Once I got past that bump in the road, though, the rest of the story was great and the whole friends-to-lovers issue was very well portrayed. Recommended.

Side note: I Think I Love You is part of a series, but while the wide range of secondary characters can be slightly unsettling at times, it can still be read as a stand alone.  

Happy readings,


the book worm, book blog


Comments