Review: Ink

Book Review: Ink, by Elizabeth Hunter, 4 stars

✩✩

It's everything but business as usual.
Emmie Elliot hadn't expected to come back to Metlin, California. She definitely didn't expect to stay. She returned to her childhood home with a mission: Sell the building that housed her grandmother's book store and move on with her life.
But life doesn't always go according to plan.
To reopen her grandmother's book shop, Emmie will need a hook. She'll need a strategy. She'll need an... Ox?
Miles Oxford doesn't have much interest in quiet bookstore owners. He's a tattoo artist without a space to work, and the last thing he wants is to get involved with anyone after his last disaster of a relationship. Work and pleasure don't mix for Ox, but since he doesn't have any interest in the cute girl with the bold business proposal, he should be safe from any awkward complications, right?
She sells ink. He tattoos it. Unusual? Yes. But a book shop/tattoo studio might be the ticket for both Emmie and Ox to find success on their own terms. As long as they keep their attention focused on business.
Just on business.

Genre: contemporary romance

Publication date: March 2018

Mature content: yes

Review: I have to say Ink threw me off a bit. It's very well written, as all Elizabeth Hunter's books are, but it certainly is not not what I was expecting. Probably because I'm so used to the Elemental series, the Irin Chronicles and her other paranormal novels that I had a hard time believing I was reading a book with completely normal characters - no one had superpowers or shape shifting abilities or was drinking blood. As I'm not usually a fan of anything paranormal except if it's written by Elizabeth Hunter, the normality of Ink came as a surprise.


I would have preferred the language to be toned down a bit and I found that Emmie behaved like a spoiled brat more often than not. But the whole plot was cute and sweet and I loved the idea of a store combining books and tattoos. I have no idea if those exist in real life, but I totally see it working. I loved the cover too.

Recommended.

Happy readings, 

the book worm, book blog



Comments