Review: A Touch of Frost

Book Review: A Touch of Frost, by Jo Goodman, 5 stars


✩✩


After his train is robbed at gunpoint, Remington Frost awakens from a blow to find the bandits gone…along with the woman he was shadowing for protection. No stranger to risk, Remington will do what it takes to bring Phoebe Apple to safety and her kidnappers to justice. But ransoming Phoebe is just the start of trouble…
Phoebe is shocked to learn that her mysterious rescuer is none other than Remington Frost, the son of her sister’s new husband. Home at Twin Star Ranch, she falls happily into western life—and cautiously in love with Remington. But danger hides close to home, and their romance illuminates a web of secrets and betrayal that may put the rancher and his intended bride past the point of rescue.

Genre: historical romance

Publication date: June 2017

Mature content: yes

Review: An amazingly entertaining read is probably the best description for this book. Emphasis on the "amazing. I just couldn't put it down. I've read several of Jo Goodman's books by now and A Touch of Frost has got to be one of the best, if not the very best.

The book is a bit on the longish side, but you'll never notice it. If you're like me, you'll actually be sorry to see it end. There's the romance, but there's also the suspense and the unexpected twists. Because if some parts were more or less predictable, others caught me completely by surprise.


The only thing I found a bit out of place was Fiona, Phoebe's sister. She's difficult and even after the plot unravelled I still wasn't sure I liked her. Or maybe I wasn't supposed to like her, but I still felt she didn't fit very well with all the other characters.

Still, that doses not detract from the quality of a Touch of Frost and I totally recommend it.

Have a wonderful weekend,

the book worm, book blog

Comments