Review: Win Me Over



Book Review: Win Me Over, by Nicole Michaels, 4 stars

✩✩

WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING
Callie Daniels is a singular sensation. She owns and operates her own bakery, contributes to a popular lifestyle blog, and is the dance team coach at a local high school. She lives by her own design and is much too busy to consider dating. Mr. Right will have to fit into her life when the time is right...
UNLESS YOU'RE PLAYING FOR KEEPS
Football coach Bennett Clark always plays by the rules. He knows that his new colleague Callie is off limits but she's so beautiful-and irritating!-that Bennett can't get her off his mind. She wants him to participate in a charity dance contest, and won't take no for an answer. Soon, what begins as a festive athletic endeavor turns into a heated flirtation on and off the dance floor. Could it be that the free-spirited Callie has finally found a way through Coach Clark's line

Genre: contemporary romance

Publication date: September 2015

Mature content: yes

Review: Win Me Over is book two in the Hearts and Crafts series by Nicole Michaels and I had it on my reading list for a long time. But after going through book one (Start Me Up) and not finding it amazing, I couldn't make myself read book two immediately. I guess I was afraid to be disappointed again, but I can now safely say I was totally wrong. Book two is so much better than book one (and it can be read stand-alone too). There's a lot more character development and a much more realistic tone. There's a happy ending, yes, but not every little detail works out perfectly, which makes total sense to me. You can't win everything in life and you have to learn to make the best of what you have. That's the main message that comes across in the book.


There were a few things that didn't add up in the plot for me, and for that reason alone I'm not rating the book with five stars, but I still recommend it very much.

Win Me Over also prepares us for the next book in the series (Draw Me Close (Hearts and Crafts)), and I can say I'm totally curious about it, so you can expect a review soon.

Happy Wednesday,

the book worm, book blog

Comments