Review: A Miracle at Macy's

Review: A Miracle at Macy's, by Lynn Marie Hulsman


One lost dog. Two lonely hearts. A Manhattan Christmas full of magic.
Shy homebody Charlotte is planning her usual quiet Christmas celebration: Turkey for two for her and her beloved pet dog Hudson. Only, this year, little Hudson decides to take matters into his own paws and give his favourite human a holiday adventure she’ll never forget.
When Hudson runs away the week before Christmas, Charlotte is devastated. She’d rescued him from the trash years before and gave him a place in her home – and her heart. But with the help of uptight Englishman Henry, Charlotte ends up on a magical treasure hunt around Manhattan to find her furry, four-legged bestie.
Spotted in Central Park as one of Santa's Little Helpers, or last seen in the arms of a supermodel in Times Square, Hudson leads Charlotte and Henry on a very merry dance around the Big Apple, where love, (or should that be Christmas?!) actually is all around.

Genre: contemporary romance

Publishing date: October 2015

Mature content: nothing to report


Review: I had this book on my reading list for over one year (since it was published, actually) but only recently, after enjoying Summer at Castle Stone, I finally decided to pick it up. Sadly, I was disappointed.

A Miracle at Macy's is a Christmas fairly tale for dog lovers. While I found the whole thing a bit over the top, the first part of the book is actually OK, funny and interesting. But if the first part is a bit over the top, the second one just blows through the roof. There's too much happening at the same time, and none of it is realistic enough. I also missed the point where Henry and Charlotte fall in love. I felt the attraction between them, maybe even the friendship. But love? I don't know where it came from and I didn't think it was believable either. 

In the end, A Miracle at Macy's did not capture my attention as I expected and it took me a lot longer to read than it should have. So, if you're looking for a Holidays fantasy with one really cute dog in it, this may be it. Otherwise, there are lots of better in-season alternative reads to choose from. 



Happy readings,

the book worm, book blog

Comments