Review: Christmas in Snowflake Canyon

Book Review: Christmas in Snowflake Canyon, by RaeAnne Thayne



Holiday gifts don't always come in expected packages…especially in the town of Hope's Crossing. 
No one has ever felt sorry for Genevieve Beaumont. After all, she has everything money can buy. That is, until she discovers her fiancĂ© has been two-timing her and she's left with two choices: marry the philanderer to please her controlling father or be disinherited and find a means to support herself. 
Genevieve's salvation appears in the most unlikely of prospects: Dylan Caine, a sexy, wounded war vet whose life is as messy as hers. Dylan's struggling to adjust after his time in Afghanistan, and the last thing he needs is a spoiled socialite learning about the real world for the first time. True, she may have unexpected depths and beauty to match. But he knows he could never be the man she needs…and she knows he could never be the man she thinks she wants. So why are they each hoping that a Christmas miracle willl prove them both wrong?

Genre: contemporary romance

Publishing date: October 2013

Mature content: nothing to report


Review: I loved all the characters in the book and the plot too. I like the idea of books inspiring us to be thankful and make the most of what we have, instead of living in the past or complaining about what we wanted to have instead. But despite the great general plot and characters, I found this book a bit less compelling than others I've read by RaeAnne Thayne (such as Evergreen Springs or Snowfall on Haven Point). This is book six in the Hope's Crossing series and I didn't read the previous five books, so in some places I felt slightly lost in the middle of all the secondary characters, but I also noticed there were a lot of repeated phrases in the book and that's something that always bothers me when I'm reading. Hence the four stars instead of five. 

Notwithstanding, this is a wonderful holidays read and I recommend it!


 Happy readings,

the book worm, book blog

Comments

  1. I love her books but have found it's worth it to read each series in order otherwise I do get lost with all the characters in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you and that's always my advice to other readers too. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at following my own advice and them sometimes I fell totally lost when I'm reading. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up with Literacy Musing Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting, and for stopping by. Happy holidays!

      Delete

Post a Comment