Review: Only You


Book Review: Only You, by Denise Grover Swank

✩✩


Romance isn't an option for Holly Greenwood. With her wedding planner career on the line she needs to stay focused, and that means pleasing her demanding boss, not getting distracted by her mind-alteringly hot neighbor . . .
Ex-Marine Kevin Vandemeer craves normalcy. Instead, he has a broken-down old house in need of a match and some gasoline, a meddling family, and the uncanny ability to attract the world's craziest women. At least that last one he can fix: he and his buddies have made a pact to swear off women, and this includes his sweetly sexy new neighbor.
After one hot night that looks a whole lot like a disaster in the light of day, Kevin and Holly are about to learn that true love doesn't play by the rules . . .


Genre: contemporary romance

Publishing date: October 2016

Mature content: yes

Review: Ever since I read the Wedding Pact series by Denise Grover Swank, I've been pinning for another book (or series of books) along those same lines. So, I'm very glad the first installment of the Bachelor Brotherhood series is finally here. 

Only You is the story of Kevin and Holly, and is a funny, sexy, heartwarming romance novel. I loved Kevin from the start and though it took me a bit longer to warm up to Holly, I think they make the perfect couple. 

In Only You you also have some glimpses of Megan and Josh, the couple of the first Wedding Pact series book, The Substitute (read my review here). And while Only You can be perfectly read stand alone, I do recommend you to read The Substitute too, just because it's one of those books you shouldn't miss. 

The only reason Only You doesn't get five stars is because I found the end of the book a bit rushed and unrealistic. Yes, it's a fairly tale happily ever after, and Holly and Kevin do deserve it, but I still don't think it could ever happen in real life. Nevertheless, it's still a great story and I recommend it.



Now I can't wait for the rest of the series, as I'm very curious about what the future holds for Kevin's friends Tyler and Matt. 

Have a wonderful weekend,



Comments