What I'm Reading Wednesday 11/November


must love chainmail, angela quarles

For no special reason, a few days ago I found myself searching for time travel romances on Goodreads and I came across the Must Love Series by Angela Quarles. 

The first book is called Must Love Breeches and it takes place in the 19th century, and the second one is Must Love Chainmail and has medieval Wales as the backstage for all the action. 

I clearly love chainmail a lot more than breeches and I rarely can pass up a romance set in the middle ages, so I bypassed book one and went straight for book two. 

I must confess that I was a bit lost for the first few pages, and even now, halfway through, I still haven't grasped exactly how Katy, the main female character, actually traveled back in time.And I don't love either of the book covers, but that's a recurring problem of mine with romance novels...

Still, Must Love Chainmail has been an amusing read so far and, while not absolutely awesome, I'm curious about the rest of the story.


I'll post a proper review later. 

Happy Wednesday,
the book worm, book blog



Comments