What I'm Reading Wednesday 30/September


the bridges of madison county, book reviews


Although I've seen the movie The Bridges of Madison County several times over the years, I'd never picked up the book until now. 

Recently, I took some photos of bridges (posted here) and while those bridges have very little in common with the ones in the movie, I got inspired to download the book and start reading it. 

I'm still right at the beginning, but just that has already prompted me to Google Robert Kincaid. Apparently it is a very common search and even National Geographic says that on occasion they still receive requests to buy the particular issue with the bridges on the cover, which, obviously, only exists in the book and in the movie. But maybe that's one of the best compliments you can make to a writer, start seeing fictional characters as real and believe they exist (or wish they did).

In addition, I also found that Robert James Waller wrote a sequel to The Bridges of Madison County, called A Thousand Country Roads. This came as a surprise, as I had no idea about it and I obviously plan to read it next, though I haven't downloaded it yet!

Though he Bridges of Madison County is not exactly a recent book, I know I'll have something to say about it anyway, so I'll obviously be posting a review later. 

In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your week!

the book worm, book blog, book reviews

Comments