The Book Worm Blog: the beginning

 Hi, I'm Teresa, a 39 year old mother of two, working full time. I started blogging almost a year and a half ago. In my first blog, Keeping it Real, I share bits and pieces of my life, from the crafts projects I complete to recipes and general tips on things that I have learned along the way.

I'm a crafty person, but my first and foremost passion has always been reading and writing. When I was younger I used to write a lot, though I always kept my stories private. My mother probably read a couple of my "books" but not more than that. Recently, I found that blogging provides me with a way to express my thoughts in a more public way without the pressure of editing or filling the gaps in a story that never seems to be good enough no matter how many versions you write.

And what better way to combine the zillion of books I read a year with my need for writing? A blog on books and book reviews, of course!

For now I'll start with the reviews of recent books I read, then slowly I'll add more. Old books, new books, whatever I find interesting enough to share. But be patient, life is busy, I only have two hands and the days only have twenty-four hours.

I mostly ready romance novels and romantic suspense. I have a life filled with work and family responsibilities and I use books to escape into my personal little world and have a bit of me-time, so I try to keep my readings light, funny and with happy endings. But I've also read the classics and sometimes I venture into non-fiction or crime & suspense books. I totally bypass terror and heavy physical or psychological violence, so don't expect to see a lot of that around here. 

All the book reviews will reflect my own personal thoughts and opinions on the books. I do have some favorite authors, so they'll be featured more often than others but I'm not paid to write reviews and I buy all the books I read (except those that can be downloaded free from the Amazon Kindle bookstore).

If you've read the books I talk about here, pop in and say hi, and share your views too. You are free to disagree with me, we all enjoy different things. And if you have any suggestions on great books, keep them coming as well. I'm a fast reader but time is scarce, so it may take me a while to post about them, but I'm always looking for new sources of inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by and have fun reading!


Comments